The spirit of SMU has largely been guided by the CIRCLE values (Commitment, Integrity, Responsibility, Collegiality, Leadership and Excellence). EVERYONE within the SMU community should work hand-in-hand to uphold these values, so as to add value to our experience here and to maintain the SMU student branding.
The Student Council of Discipline (SCD) is a team of students appointed by SMU Provost Professor Lily Kong to work with the Dean of Students office.
SCD believes that integrity is especially crucial to the character development of SMU students. With Integrity, we can excel responsibly in academic pursuits, and establish a well-cherished character for future career pursuits. We look forward to working together with the school community in upholding SMU’s core value of integrity and the CIRCLE values.
To be an effective council that not only embodies the CIRCLE values but also raises awareness their importance within the SMU community.
To become a well-respected and recognised council that serves as the channel between the students and the school regarding disciplinary issues.
Roles of SCD
- Promote integrity through various educative and advisory initiatives.
- Raise awareness about the importance of the CIRCLE values
- Provide advice to students on the workings of the Student Disciplinary Procedure
- Be an effective avenue for students to provide feedback to the SMU administration on both academic and non-academic disciplinary issues.
- Provide independent advice to the Provost and the University Council of Student Conduct (USCS), from the student’s perspective, with regards to the operation of the Student Disciplinary Procedure.
SMU CIRCLE Values
MEET THE 14TH COUNCIL
Leow Wei Jing
Tay Yuan Xiang
Phan Hoang Long
Hamzah Bin Said
Thian Wen Li
Lim Wen Ting
Click here to add your own text